Sunday, July 10, 2011

New beds

Several months ago we went to look at some bed options for the boys. We found beds that are very versatile. They make into bunk beds, two regular beds, two loft beds, an L loft and regular bed, etc. The boys seemed to like them and we periodically talked about the high bed with Samuel for about 6 months hoping he would soon be ready. I checked craigslist almost daily for about 3 months hoping to see these exact beds. Finally I found the beds. We talked with Samuel about getting the new high bed and he was very excited. After procuring the beds (which included multiple trips), we put the bed together--making one high loft and one regular bed.

Unfortunately, Samuel wouldn't have anything to do with it! At first he wouldn't even climb up to see what it was like. Eventually (after Oliver went up the ladder) he decided to climb up. He thought playing up there was fun but declared he would not sleep in the high bed. After asking about 50 times we finally decided he was serious. We took the high bed down and how have 2 regular beds!

Samuel will randomly tell us he is still thinking about the high beds but just isn't ready yet! I suppose he is indeed still thinking about it since his comments are unprovoked. Kevin and I joke that there is a good chance Oliver will end up with a high bed and Samuel will be quite content with the regular bed.