This week was full of changes for everyone.
I started work after 4 months of maternity leave. I will be working 3 days a week and hope much of that will be at home. Since Kevin works 4 days we have the kids in preschool/daycare 2 days a week. All in all my return seemed good. I have to admit I was much more interested in returning after my first maternity leave. This time I felt like a few more months would have been great! I was enjoying the time with Oliver and being able to keep our household running somewhat smoothly.
Kevin had his first day with both kids! Unfortunately, they spent the morning at the doctors office. Both Samuel and Oliver can't seem to shake their cough. With Samuel's history of pnuemonia, we decide it was good to get their lungs looked at. Luckily all is well and it is just a lingering cough.
Oliver had his first few hours at Grandma Pat's (Sugar Plum Daycare). Since much of my work is at home, I actually only took him a few hours each day and he worked with me the rest. He did really well--it was nice to say goodbye to a happy face rather than a crying one.
Samuel had his first full day at Bernice & Joe's Playschool (aka BJs). Unfortunately the drop off included some big crocodile tears and hugging of Kevin's leg. Luckily, within a few minutes he was fine and playing. Joe reports that Samuel's really likes to hang out in the kitchen and make snacks!