As I have mentioned before, Pismo Beach is one of our families favorite spots to get away. It is a lovely little beach town with a fabulous hotel overlooking the ocean. The hot tub is delightful and walks on the beach are rejuvinating. Well, as much as we love Pismo it has some sort of strange curse on it. We have had to cancel for illness more times than I like to count. This weekend was no different...
Kevin and I had a fantastic kid-free weekend planned at Pismo. We were going to take the kids to Fresno Friday night and then leave them with R&R for the weekend with them returning the kids Monday afternoon. Wouldn't you know it Samuel and Oliver both had mild fevers starting Wednesday. I decided on Thursday to take Samuel to the doctor to get his ears checked. When I picked the boys up from school Oliver was spiking a 103 temperature. Great. After a quick trip to the doctor both kids were diagnosed with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. Nice.
We woke up Friday and Samuel was fine. Oliver on the other hand had stopped talking completely. Upon further inspection we realized his mouth was full of sores and his hands were slowly being taken over as well. We were hopeful he would snap out of it so we went ahead and took the kids to Fresno. Well, he didn't snap out of it and we returned home with Oliver a complete mess. We spent the next 3 days with Oliver crying and moaning continuously. He wouldn't talk, couldn't swallow and refused to eat. It was not fun.
Pismo was canceled--another casuality to illness. I guess we'll try again in a few months.