Wednesday, April 17, 2013
A Tribute to Great Grandma Badgett
My mom was given a large bag of Great Grandma Badgett's jewelry. This was not her good, worth-a-lot-of-money jewelry. Rather, this was her more costume jewelry that was big and, in some cases, quite gaudy.
Well, Samuel got ahold of it and spent several hours sorting it, trying it on, and generally loving decorating himself with lavish jewels. My mom said he could take some (I think she might have said all of it and I added the "some"!) so Samuel painstakingly picked out a handful of necklaces, earrings and bracelets to bring home.
One morning Samuel REALLY wanted to wear the jewelry to school. How do you tell a 6 year old boy that large, salmon-colored necklaces are just not something a kindergartner wears to school. After many glances between Kevin and I we decided to let him do it. He went off to school happy as a clam.