Friday, March 26, 2010

Immune System Needed

Well, I believe it was a recent post where I commented that the sunshine was propelling us into good health. I think it might have been that night that Samuel woke up numerous times fidgeting and crying. Kevin and I both knew what it meant but we tried to ignore it for a day or two while pushing the motrin in hopes the inevitable wouldn't happen. But, as suspected the fidgeting got worse and the meltdown reached new highs.

Monday morning I took Samuel to Dr. Parker (our new best friend) and found 2 ear infections. I suppose that explains the major meltdowns and general grumpiness. We had a long debate about what antiboitic to put him on because it took 3 different rounds during his last ear infection saga (only 2 months ago). Dr.Parker suggested we start again with the amoxicillian. Day one and two were rough as we patiently waited for the antiobiotic to kick in. But we thought we were moving towards progress. Well, wouldn't you know it, day three he wakes up with a red, itchy rash all over his tummy, arms, and moving up his neck. We are now headed back to see Dr. Parker to determine if he has developed an allergy to amoxicillian.

Samuel eats well, plays hard, sleeps all night (generally) and is an overall typical preschooler. If we could just get his immune system to work a little harder!