Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Potty Progress

My plan this week was to write a post about the growing need we felt to move Samuel forward in his potty training. We had been fairly lazy about working with Samuel (I even offered to pay my mom $100 to train him!). We were going with the theory that he'll do it when he is ready.

Well, I am happy to report that he is finally ready! On Tuesday we were home and at some point I realized that I hadn't heard from Samuel for several minutes. About the time I stood up to go find him, I hear him yell, "Mom, poop came out of my bottom and it's in the toilet!" He sounded as if this was the biggest suprise and the best news ever.

We of course had a potty party--stickers were put on the chart, chocolates were given out, phone calls were made, photos were taken. The rest of the day involved A LOT of trips to the potty. Samuel spent most of the day sitting on the potty, looking in the potty, pushing hard so poop came out, and cheering wildly whenever poop and pee were found in the potty.

He continued his progress today--even using the potty multiple times at BJs (preschool)!

Here's to the potential end of diapers for one child!